Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The family update

Happy Wednesday! Since I do have a few blog readers that are now scrappers, I am back with a family update for you. I also have a new-ish layout to share, so hang with me to the end of the post!


Oh, and since I am not doing so well with these self-imposed deadlines, I have apologize again to Liz, since I did not answer your CHA question as promised. Liz asked if I was allowed to purchase items at CHA, and the answer is no. Retailers were making orders, but no money was allowed to change hands during the show. So we had to look without taking things home- talk about torture! :)

ALSO, I want to give a HUGE thank you to Nola Compton, Shannon Fritch, Mary Decker, and of course my awesome hubby Don for making this trip possible by caring for my home and children while I was away. You guys rock!


Don's job is going well. He is now in his permanent zone after rotating throught the entire campus for the last 9 months. I think he is enjoying being a little more stationary.


Nichole is not doing well at all, please continue to pray for her, that God will touch her heart and she will respond to him.


Milena is back full-swing into potty training. Yesterday she went all day with no accidents. I will be SO HAPPY when we conquer this once and for all! She is growing so fast, here are a few recent photos.




Elijah is 21 months (already?!) and growing fast also. He is talking up a storm and has entered the 2 year old testing the limits stage already. He has recently begun screaming at me when he is put in time out. (insert eye roll) We are working on that little temper already. Most of the time, though, he is sweet and loving, and thankfully not as clingy since I returned from CA.


And, as promised, a layout. This was a 20 minute layout I completed for a Pamela Young sketch. You can find the entire thread and the work the other Design Team ladies did by logging in to MySpace and finding the group "Scrapbook Challenges."


Have a wonderful Wednesday!

~Alyssa~

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I love this LO! Where did you find those large brackets? I would love to get my hands on some of those.

Alyssa said...

Those brackets are from YMBD. You can find the store in my blogs list on the right hand side or my blog, or go to www.yourmemoriesbydesign.ca! :)

Cheryl KVD said...

LOVE the layout!!! Just awesome!