Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Menu Monday- Even Later

First, let me apologize for the lack of posts and layouts recently.  I’ve been working hard on things I can’t show just yet.  There’s a lot coming up in September, I promise!  Here’s my menu and reviews for the week ahead.

Wednesday: Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna

Thursday: Baked Ham and Sweet Potatoes

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday/Sunday: We’re on the road this weekend, so this could end up being just about anything.

Monday: Pizza Rolls (made with leftover ham)

Tuesday: Ham Sliders

Wednesday: Salmon Frittata (nope, still haven’t tried this one.)

Reviews:

Artisian Bread- Loved it!  It was delicious and as easy as the recipe claims.

Overnight Peach French Toast: A little disappointing.  Not bad, but bland and not much texture.  I thought it was a little too custard-like for breakfast.

Man-pleasing Chicken:  Overall, pretty good.  I realized too late that I used the wrong syrup, and that took it down a notch.  Next time I’ll make sure to use the real stuff (I had some, but used Mrs. Butterworth’s by mistake.)  Mine didn’t brown like the picture… not sure how to fix that.  Maybe 2-3 minutes in the broiler next time.

No comments: