Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tag You're It!

So, I had a little fun this week… I went sort of technique-crazy on this tag. And I love the results! So, I thought for today’s post I would give you a step-by-step of how I made it, so you can make one too.


1. Cut a piece of white Canvas cardstock to 6″ x 3-1/2″.

2. Using Heidi’s Trash Bag Misting Tutorial, mist/ink the edges with Glimmer Mist. I used an olive green and a chocolate brown.

3. While the mist is still wet, distress the edges. I have found the distressing wet cardstock makes a bigger impact with less work then distressing from dry, so take advantage of the moment!

4. While you still have mist on your trash bag, use it on your chipboard frame. I used the same mist I used on my edges to color my chipboard. I laid it down and picked it up several times to get the right amount of mist and color on my frame.

5. Stamp tag with brown ink and a text-type stamp. I used Prima’s 4×6 Notary stamp.

6. Emboss the stamp with clear embossing powder. It’s hard to see in the photo, but all that gorgeous brown lettering is raised and has a really awesome texture from the embossing.

7. Apply rub-on to the bottom left corner. The rub-on I used is from Basic Grey’s Origins Olio rub-on book.

8. Apply stickers to Canvas cardstock and cut them out. This allows you to both play around with their placement and gives you a lot more depth with one simple step.

9. Adhere chipboard frame, stickers, and lettering. I used pop dots to pop up some of the letters and added even more dimension.

9. Create hanger for tag. I used Jillibean Soup’s Twine in brown.

10. Attach to the perfect gift for your loved one!

No comments: