Wednesday, January 7, 2009

End of Year Challenge

As a DT member for Scrapbook Challenges on My Space, I have the opportunity to host a challenge every 4-6 weeks. My last challenge was issued on Dec. 29th, 2008. I challenged the ladies to start the new year out by trying something new: an ATC. For many of the ladies there, this was something completely new. I thought that I would pass that challenge on to you today. Here is the post from Scrapbook Challenges.


My challenge for this week is to try something new for the New Year: try making an ATC. ATC stands for Artist Trading Card, and it is a card that is the size of a standard playing card that you can make to swap with friends. I have some ATC’s that others ladies have made hanging on the wall in my scrap space. I think it is really fun to see other’s work in real life.


Some ATC’s are themed, such as my example, it is for a swap where the theme is "quotes." Sometimes ATC’s are just a mini sample of your style and work.


It can be challenging to start working in a new size and format, but I find that it also sparks my creativity and helps me to think about things in a new way.So, start making those ATC’s and be sure to show us! If anyone wants to do a swap, let me know and I would be happy to host one!


1 comment:

Tricia said...

I tried ATCs last year and I love them! They are addicted and so quick to do! I would love to try a swap!!!