Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Watching the Welder

I’m finally back at the craft table after nearly a month of illness!  Yeah!  This project is one I created this week for Want2Scrap.  I used some Sakura goodies to, as well as a pile of paper from the old scrap pile. 

welder

I started by dusting the paper with Sakura’s Jewel Effect Pearl Powder in Citrine.  It left a "dusty look on the background, which is just what I wanted for this layout.  After all, welding and sanding are very dirty things!  I also dry rubbed a bit of the Pearl Powder on the Nestaboard behind the “75”, giving it just a hint of color.

weldercu1

I used the Nestaboard as a photo mat, but first I dotted it with #D Crystal Lacquer from Sakura, let it dry, then misted over it.  This technique added loads of texture to my layout! 

Thanks for coming by!  You can check out Want2Scrap goodies HERE and Sakura Supplies HERE.

~Alyssa~

Want2Scrap™ Products:

Nestaboard Labels 1

Nestaboard Scalloped Circles

Card Size Antique Keys

Other:

Sakura Jewel Effects Pearl Powders

Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer

No comments: