Thursday, August 5, 2010

Welcome to Paradise!

One more Prima CHA project to share today! This one took forever, but was so much fun! I used new Fairy Flora papers, tons of brand new flowers, and pebbles, and more...

I started with a raw wood hut from Michaels. I got it for just $3! I spray painted it white to prime, then started painting. I used a wash technique to give the paint some depth.

Then I bordered the whole thing with sandpaper, and put felt underneath to protect surfaces.
The roof was make with Essentials flowers (the ones in the tubes). After I painted the roof, I cut the flowers in half and glued them down in layers. I used a strip of the Fairy Flora chipboard to anchor the top row.
I covered the "deck" with paper, them clustered some gorgeous new blooms on there, using the new vines. I love these vines SO MUCH! They are flexible, so you can bend them any which way. SO awesome to use!
This is a shot of the rear view. I covered the floor with pebbles. Some plain ones from Michaels and lots of gorgeous Prima ones for cool bursts of color and pattern.

This little table was painted, and I made the rug surrounding it out of one of the new Sweet Treats Doilies. I love them!! The deck area I constructed out of more of the chipboard, and of course more new blooms.
Hope you enjoyed this little trip to Paradise!
~Alyssa~

No comments: