Friday, March 27, 2009
1. Scrapbooking (Duh!)
2. Playing with my kids and being thier mommy. We were taking/giving piggyback rides today!)
3. Reading. Some of my favorite authors: Karen Kingsbury, Gayle Roper, Kathy Herman, John Grisham, Karen Ball, too many more to name, really.
4. Spending time with my hubby.
5. Hanging out at Barnes and Noble.
Have a happy weekend, and don't forget to leave me a comment and share your favorite activities with me. Then, make sure you make time for as many of those activities as possible this weekend!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Here is a layout I did last night. I am going to submit to the Basic Grey gallery, I will let you know if I hear anything back from them. :)
Saturday, March 21, 2009
This first one is for YMBD's Saturday challenge. To see the challenge, check out their blog (link in my blog list!) Thanks for the inspiration, Heather!
The second one is one I did for fun using DCWV'S new Le Creme stack that I won recently.
Friday, March 20, 2009
2. I love the things that are different. If there is a quirky or odd one in the bunch, that will be the one I am most attracted to. I love being just a little different from everyone else. I love uniqueness!
4. Coffee. I drink it every day, and it still seems like a special treat. I especially love the occasional Starbucks treat!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
First, this is the layout I did for March PageMaps. You can see all the sketches and examples at http://www.pagemaps.com/.
This layout was done with a Pagemaps sketch for BackPorch Memories GDT contest.
And this one is for the MySpace Group called Scrapbook Challenges. I am part of the team that designs using Pamela Young's fabulous sketches!
Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
5. Scrap supplies. New supplies are always inspiring. :)
6. Colors. New color palattes inspire me, and they can be found anywhere. When I see one, I can't wait to scrap it.
7. Sunshine. Even in the winter, sunshine inspires me and makes me smile.
8. A clean house. If the house is clean, I always feel more creative. Why is that? I have no idea. I just know that it works. It''s great motivation to keep things clean! :)
Today is supposed to be 70 F and sunny! Yeah!! I think the kids will be outside a lot today. I am also planning to go for a long walk (excercise!) when they wake up from their naps. Which reminds me, I need to shop for some summer clothes soon, I have none!
So, that's where I am today. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
1. Spring. I love everything about it, and those first days of being able to open the windows make me feel creative and ready to create.
2. My children. I know this is a common one that you already know about, but it's true. My kids and their photos inspire me to scrap. Who could resist these pictures?
Checking out her shadow:
First time this year with bare toes outside!
3. A Challenge. Right now I am scrapping for the Scrapdango DT call. I have completed two layouts, and I have one more and a altered item or card to complete, and I am loving the way things are coming together. It is nice to have a break from Scrap n' Art work and challenge myself in another way. And I would love to make the Scrapdango team, they have gorgeous kits, and the forum is a lot of fun.
4. Last but not least, my faith and the desire to leave a legacy of faith and heritage inspire me. I want my kids to know what I think, how I feel, and what I believe, even if I am not around to tell them. THAT is why I scrap, and that is what keeps me going, even if there is no mojo.
Of course, I should also mention that I do LOVE the feeling of completing a layout that I am proud to share and claim as my art. Don't we all?
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Elijah has been sick all weekend. At the worst, he had a 105 degree temp yesterday afternoon. We were alternating Tylenol and Motrin, and sponge bathing him. Thankfully it cam down quickly, and after a day of antibiotics and a night with him sharing our bed, he seems to be feeling much better. The Doc wasn't sure what was up, but thankfully the medication seems to be helping. 105 is kind of scary!
Thanks for reading!
Friday, March 6, 2009
If you like the look of my banner, be sure to check out Vicki's store to see her fabulous digi kits you can use to make your very own banner. My banner uses the new kit "Spring Romance." You can see more of Vicki's work at her blog: http://vicki20.blogspot.com/.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
The March/April Scrap N' Art is now available. Subscribe for free at www.scrapnart.com, then download your issue... and make sure to check out the cover layout. That's right... I made the cover!
To see my PageMaps layout, click on http://www.pagemaps.com/mar09maps.htm to see the big March reveal! Then leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Enjoy all the eye candy, ladies!