Monday, July 30, 2012

Menu Monday

So, we ended up making everything on the menu last week, only it took into the weekend as well, because we ended up with frozen pizza one night and chicken nuggets another.  That’s what 6pm meetings do to me!  I’ll give you a brief review of the new items we tried below, but first, here is this week’s line up.

Monday- leftovers.  Since I cooked both Saturday and Sunday, I’m taking tonight off and cleaning out the fridge.  I will, however, be making this Banana Bread.  I’ll let you know what I think of it next week.

Tuesday- Smoked Sausage with potatoes and green beans.  Another meeting, so this is an easy crock-pot meal.

Wednesday- Spinach and Salmon Frittata, with banana bread (assuming there is some left) and fruit.

Thursday- Grilled Turkey Italian Sausage.  This is a new menu item for us, but it was on sale, so we’re giving it a try.

Friday- Strata.  This is a recipe shared by a friend, and I have made it many times.  I’ll try to get some photos and share the recipe next week.

As for last week, this Creamy Tomato Pasta was delicious.  Everyone had seconds, including the 3 children I was feeding that night.  I added portabella mushrooms, which let me slide by without meat for the evening.  Hard to do in this house…

This Chicken Broccoli Bake was ok.  I can’t rave about it, exactly, but everyone did eat it.  It seemed a little bland, so I’m thinking about what I can do to jazz it up a little bit next time.

I’m behind in project sharing too, so hopefully this will be a full week on the blog.  See you soon!

~Alyssa~

No comments: