Sunday, January 31, 2010

CHA Details... Finally!

Finally! A CHA blog post. Sorry it took me so long! I have been running non-stop since arriving, I think. Plus, I came home to two sick kids that have been keeping my up nights, so that has depleted my stamina considerably.

First, let me tell you that the Couture Cardstock booth was awesome! We had an awesome show, and so much fun working together as a team. It was a blast getting to meet designers Natalie Dever, Veronica Jennings, and Broni Holcombe (my awesome roommate).
A few of the Couture girls (myself, Sally, CarrieAnne, and Wendy):


Sally, our clothed-in-cardstock mannequin:

Director of Customer Service Wendy Tartaglia, and Copic artist Broni Holcombe:

Now, about the other booths... so many goodies. Too many to mention. I will, however, admit that I spent a lot of time in the booths for Maya Road (must have it all!), Crate Paper (the Brook Collection is coming my way!!), and of course the show stoppers (for me): Prima and Websters Pages. There was not a SINGLE THING in either of those booths that I wouldn't LOVE to have.

As for the people... really, this was the highlight of the show for me! I got to meet some really cool people, like Teri Anderson (Paper Crafts Go-to Gal), Megan Hoeppner (Creating Keepsakes), Brittany Beattie (also CK), the Eclectic Paperie team (they are a blast, and fed us the best guacamole!), and Jennifer McGuire. I also ran into TIm Holtz (well, he ran into me, literally!) but I doubt he remembers, as he was in a huge hurry to get somewhere!

It was also a blast seeing Vicki Parker and the Scrap A GoGo girls. I met Vicki at last year's show, so seeing her again was totally a highlight of the trip. Oh, and meeting Erica Weinstock, the owner of YSS. Meeting her in person was awesome too, as I rarely get to meet fellow DT members or owners in person!

I also got to attend the SuperShow for a few hours, which was not originally part of the plan, but was fantastic fun. I acted as personal shopper for 3 of my friends, picking up new BasicGrey, GCD (Melody Ross... love it!) and tons of Thickers. My own personal favorite find: Hambly Screen prints chandelier rub-ons. They are white, and huge, and gorgeous... :)

So, that about does it for the highlights. To get the new stuff, keep an eye on the Your Scrapbook Stash store for the best of everything coming in soon. Erica ordered TONS of it, and she has the best sales too!

Ihope I didn't leave anything out... if I did, I guess I will write another post! I can't wait for Summer CHA... especially since it is in Chicago (my favorite city) and I get to attend with my dear friend Heidi Kelley! It doesn't get much better then a week of my favorite people, my favorite city, and my favorite hobby. :)

~Alyssa~

1 comment:

Anne said...

What an exciting trip you had. It sounded like so much fun. Meeting all those people, too. I sometimes us Creating Keepsakes. I also love your layouts.