Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
I enjoy that quote, because it makes you think about what it really means, and then when you "get it" (although I have known a few who never did!) it makes so much sense and is a valuable reminder. I don't know about you, but I can always use a reminder that the only people whose opinions I really need to worry about are those people who love me for who I am, and the ones I love. They are the ones that really matter. No more saying I am worried what "THEY" will think. Who are "THEY" anyway?
Ok, so one more thing to mention... 3 MORE DAYS till the new Scrap N' Art release! And the PageMaps reveal!! I am getting very excited...
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Here they are eating Chicken strips, green beans, and pasta salad.
After a bubble bath, getting warm in front of the corn stove:
After brushing their teeth, they got snuggled up on the couch to watch VeggieTales.
When I put them in bed at 9:15, they read books together for 45 minutes.
At 10:00 we turned out the light (with the closet light and the nightlight still on, of course), and they were both getting tired. Then one of them started crying, and they were making each other more and more upset. Tired girls can be pretty emotional. :) So Elizabeth called her mom, who decided to come and get her. 5 minutes after hearing that her mom was on the way, Elizabeth was asleep, and Milena was only a minute or two behind.
On our next sleepover, we will aim for all night! :))
So there you have the update!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
- Milena is wearing panties ALL DAY with no accidents!
- I am finished with 8 loads of laundry!
- I have had only 30 minutes to scrapbook and I got nothing at all done.
- Milena has a friend over for a sleepover (We'll see how that goes!)
- Don got a Facebook page! I started it for him while he was at work...
- I worked out
- I still have to clean the bathroom
- Elijah and I have been having an all day battle of the wills (which is why the bathroom isn't yet clean!
- I am planning to chat on Skype with Heidi tonight, I am looking forward to it.
So that is a snapshot of today. My life isn't very exciting lately, and I haven't felt like I have much to blog about. That will change next week, however, when March 1st comes and lots of my scrapbook work is available for sharing!
Check back tomorrow for an update on the sleepover, and hopefully I will have a project or two to share!
Todays encouraging word in my email from K-Love.com today is:
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.
~ Ephesians 2:10, NLT
I thought that was an interesting verse to ponder today. If you have thoughts about this verse, please leave a comment and share!
Thanks for stopping by!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Also March first, my first feature on PageMaps in revealed! I was asked to design for one of the sketches, and I can't wait to be able to show it off. I guess March 1st is going to be a big day around here!
Milena learning to ride her new bike, intently concentrating:
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
- I am scrapping for the May/June issue of Scrap N' Art. This issue will be a stamping issue, full of crazy beautiful ideas for using some of the newest, most fabulous stamps from MANY of the top stamp companies. If you haven't subscribed already (it's free!), go to www.scrapnart.com and subscribe today. The March/April issue is nearly complete and will be released on March 1st, so don't miss it!
- I am excited about the Girls Day Out crop that I am hosting with Lydia Wiley and Kim Seldomridge. It is March 7th, and I just received the prizes from our sponsor, Scrap N' Art, and they are AWESOME! If you are anywhere close enough to come to Williamsport, IN to come, email me IMMEDIATELY to reserve your spot. :)
- More cleaning and cooking, of course, as always, and potty training, too. Milena is making progress. I predict we will be in big girl panties next week. Yipee!
Thanks for checking in!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Footprints Girls Home in Need of Donations
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Oh, and since I am not doing so well with these self-imposed deadlines, I have apologize again to Liz, since I did not answer your CHA question as promised. Liz asked if I was allowed to purchase items at CHA, and the answer is no. Retailers were making orders, but no money was allowed to change hands during the show. So we had to look without taking things home- talk about torture! :)
ALSO, I want to give a HUGE thank you to Nola Compton, Shannon Fritch, Mary Decker, and of course my awesome hubby Don for making this trip possible by caring for my home and children while I was away. You guys rock!
Don's job is going well. He is now in his permanent zone after rotating throught the entire campus for the last 9 months. I think he is enjoying being a little more stationary.
Nichole is not doing well at all, please continue to pray for her, that God will touch her heart and she will respond to him.
Milena is back full-swing into potty training. Yesterday she went all day with no accidents. I will be SO HAPPY when we conquer this once and for all! She is growing so fast, here are a few recent photos.
Elijah is 21 months (already?!) and growing fast also. He is talking up a storm and has entered the 2 year old testing the limits stage already. He has recently begun screaming at me when he is put in time out. (insert eye roll) We are working on that little temper already. Most of the time, though, he is sweet and loving, and thankfully not as clingy since I returned from CA.
And, as promised, a layout. This was a 20 minute layout I completed for a Pamela Young sketch. You can find the entire thread and the work the other Design Team ladies did by logging in to MySpace and finding the group "Scrapbook Challenges."
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I just love the fancy pants pp it's all so super cute!!
Congrats, Larissa! Send me an email at email@example.com with your mailing info.
Now, on to the photos after a quick apology from being a day behind on everything this week! :)
Angel and Kae at the hotel breakfast:
Heidi and Vicki, also at breakfast:
Riding to the show in the limo provided by Candy (thanks, girl!)
Last but not least, a few palm trees!
Tomorrow I am planning a family update and hopefully a new layout or project to show.
Thansk for stopping by!
Monday, February 2, 2009
This was from Plaid:
Last but not least, KaiserCraft:
All of these were tons of fun! I can't wait to see the new product in stores soon! :)